Although the consumer technology market is constantly expanding, the introduction of new types of features marks new transition periods. The evolution of the devices underway at the moment, in addition to offering increasingly high-performance displays and processors, present new features ready to change their conception of use. Among these, for example, we find the charging by induction or wireless charging: a great way to charge your smartphone wirelessly. The wireless chargers emit a current through a base that sends the energy in the form of electricity to the battery to recharge it. To be able to charge your mobile without wires, you just have to leave your phone face up on top of the base. So, the wireless recharge is the protagonist of this article.
What is wireless charging?
The wireless charging, also known by the technical term IQ (Inductive Charging), is a technology recently introduced in many new smartphones that allows you to recharge the terminal without the direct connection by cable. This is possible simply using electromagnetic fields generated by a second device, usually a wireless charging base.
This base is connected to the socket provides a surface on which the device can be placed from the rear side. The contact between the smartphone and the base leads the energy coming from the outlet directly towards the device battery through electromagnetism principle. In this way, therefore, without using any cable connected by a dock, the smartphone is recharged. In some cases this recharge function is integrated into the smartphone. In others, however, it can be implemented by purchasing special external covers.
Which hardware we need
As already mentioned, for the common wireless charging it is fundamental a base that predisposes the possibility to transfer current from the source up to the battery of the devices. But it does not end here, of course. To receive the current smartphone need a special cover, usually different from the one that supplies in stock. This is another aspect of wireless charging today: you have to buy the base and cover, spending a figure not so high for a function that leaves a little time that is. Leaving aside the purely domestic use, the inductive charging can be more meaningful when it comes to different types of accessories; but not all. If for a charging stand you have a large base to charge your device wirelessly.
Advantages using an external mobile charger
- Fast charging maximizes the efficiency of charging, raising the level of power that can be absorbed by the battery and thus speeding up the whole process. In particular, it is preferred to act mainly on the voltage (leaving the amperage unchanged or almost) and entrusting the management of current flows to specially developed chips. In this way it is possible to exponentially reduce the recharge times of an unloaded smarphone. The latest versions of the various quick charge technologies promise to recharge up to 50% of the battery within a matter of minutes (5 or 10, depending on your mobile phone) against the tens and tens of minutes required up to a few years ago.
- You can remove the phone from the charger without having to remove the plug and replace it after the conversation. Simply grab the mobile from the stand and place it back on top once the conversation is over.
- If your charger cable is short, it will not be necessary to get on your knees on the floor to answer the phone call, you just take them, talk and then leave them in their support again.
- You can load several phones without having to have several chargers. Have you an Samsung or a Iphone model? None problem: you can place them on top of the charger and it will load regardless of the type of plug.
- One of the most frequent reasons why mobiles are damaged is to get in contact with water. However, most of the time they are condemned to the dead. Another advantage of using this charger is that you can place protective caps on the connections to prevent water or moisture from entering and causing oxidation inside. With this you will be able to extend the life of your mobile.
- It reduces the demand for cables globally, by not needing different cables for different devices, in the long run the planet will thank us.
- The charging connector is not damaged. More than one will have happened that your phone stops charging and you have to balance the angles of the connector to see how the battery charges the phone. Well this is over, the charge is made with the contact, without the need to introduce connectors of any kind, which will extend the life of your mobile and consequently, saving for you in the acquisition of new terminal or expensive repairs.
- We will always have the phone charged, we just have to place the base of the charger where we usually support the mobile and we will always have it checked and charged.
But … do you really need it?
At this point, after the first surprise, you are wondering: but what is the use of recharging a device without the use of cables if then however this must remain limited to being on a base? We must understand this: wireless charging does not mean reloading your phone on the move. As we have been accustomed by the industry it is easy to associate with the dogma of “wireless” something that is done in complete freedom, almost without limits of space.
In this case this is not the case: inductive charging is a very limited technology in spaces, for obvious reasons. The smartphone must be placed only on the base, so it does not allow the user to have a recharge on the move. The limit of the length of the cable continues to remain a problem, but inevitably, since the current at the base will have to arrive through some conductor.
However, having the possibility to immediately go into recharging without having to look for cables and adapters, to melt them, to connect them to the socket and then to the device, is very comfortable. Having a well placed base on his desk the preparation time for the start of the charge is halved. Currently all manufacturers are taking out the mobile phones ready to perform recharge by induction and those who are not doing it, there are already countless solutions available so that phones can be charged with this revolutionary and almost magical system.